Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Battle of the Skin Care Regimens: St. Ives VS. Neutrogena



Let the battling begin!!!

Ok so I am going to be honest and say that I have used the St. Ives skin care regimen a while longer than I have used the Neutrogena line. I've used St. Ives for a month and this is my first week using the Neutrogena line, but I will give the rundown of the differences I have seen thus far.

St. Ives VS. Neutrogena... Facial Washes

St. Ives Apricot Blemish & Blackhead Control Facial Wash: I really liked this facial wash, I would use it morning and night. It isn't one of those soapy kind of facial washes but more so a creamy like facial wash that rubs into the skin. After each wash my face would feel soft and look clear. I got a lot of compliments from people about my skin. The downside to this facial wash is that where I live it is hard to come by. I have only seen it sold at two stores: Walmart and Meijers. The upside is that for people who want a more "natural" facial wash this one is as about as natural a mainstream facial wash you can get. That is until Neutrogena came out with their natural line.

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash: This wash is more of a soapy variety, which I read in a few articles, that soapy and clear facial washes are better for people with oily skin(that fits me). I don't suffer from acne but do get an occasional bump here and there. I feel this wash would help with that. I like that it actually lathers on my face and is soapy, because I feel like I have cleaned all the dirt and everything off my face. Sometimes with the St. Ives I didn't feel that way. If you wash your face off with a wash cloth you will have to keep wiping that area as it doesn't give a clean wipe off. If you are a person that splashes your face with water to wash it off then you should be fine. This wash also comes in Pink Grapefruit and Soothing Green Tea.

If I Had to Choose Between the Two: I would have to go with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash it seems like it is really clearing up the bumps on my face already. And I still get compliments on how nice my skin looks. I truely feel like my skin is clean with this stuff.

St. Ives VS Neutrogena... Facial Scrubs

St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub: I am going to start off by saying this scrub is really abrasive and rough. I would use it three times a week, every other day. I do feel like it helped with face and did even out my skin tone. It's just that it was rough and would leave some of the exfoliants on my face.

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub: My first time using it was tonight, and one thing I noticed was that it wasn't as abrasive and harsh on my face like the St. Ives. I loved the smell of it (Pink Grapefruit) and how the beads worked on my skin. Can't wait to try it a few times, I like that it's a scrub without it feeling like it is going to scrub my skin off.

If I Had to Choose Between the Two: I am not really sure, I have used the St. Ives longer so it wouldn't feel fair to say. Also I feel like the Neutrogena would be great for nightly scrubs whereas the St. Ives would be great for a monthly deep down exfoliant. So I feel they both serve two different purposes.

Other Things St. Ives Has That I Like

I really like using St. Ives Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, I haven't tried the Neutrogena equivalent to this, but I like using this for days I wear makeup which isn't too often, but often enough.

Other Things Neutrogena Has That I Like

I like Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisture For Sensitive Skin, it really makes the skin on my face soft. I haven't seen a St. Ives equivalent to this, but prior to using this moisturizer I was using Clean and Clear's Dual Facial Moisturizer. I might start wearing the Clean and Clear underneath since the Clean and Clear helps with Acne and bumps as well.

So there you have it ladies and gents my battle show down, and I guess it is safe to say that I am starting to like the Neutrogena line better for my skin care and type: Combination/Oily, whereas St. Ives might be better for someone with dry skin. I will give a more detailed description of my skin care regimen soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment