Wednesday, March 9, 2011

African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion... Classic Case of Wanting Something to Work and it Just Doesn't


I really wanted to like this product, really I did. After all they "Hey have you tried this hair moisturizer it's great!" from all the hairboards I was willing for it to work. Maybe that is why I gave it so many chances to begin with and had an excuse for why it didn't work each time. First time I tried it was in January prior to my relaxer day. I moisturized and sealed it in with Coconut Oil and the next day when I took my hair down some parts were soft but the rest of my hair felt like an oily mess! I blamed it on the fact that maybe it was my new growth and relaxed hair rebelling due to being so many weeks post. So a few weeks after getting my hair relaxed I tried it again, this time sealing with WGO. The next day when I took my hair down it was just as oily if not more oily than before. I was tempted to lay on a cloth pillow case just to soak up the greasy mess, matter of fact I think I do lay on a cotton pillow case for that reason!! Yesterday night was my last time trying this product.I said "Hmmmm maybe this time if I use less and don't use any oil to seal it in, since it already has an oil to it." Boy was I wrong this morning when I took my hair down it was oily, and then when I went out to do some errands it felt dry!! So, ummmm... I believe I am going to chuck this one up as a loss. This product is going to go in the product graveyard it was a no go. For some reason I don't know why I bothered with this product from the get go, my hair isn't a fan of Olive Oil and Soybean type moisturizers anyway so I should have known better. But eh... I guess you win some and you lose some.. HHJ =]

No comments:

Post a Comment