Monday, January 24, 2011

Today's Wash Day Got to Try New Hair Products =]

Today I decided to wash my hair and get back into my regimen, I went to the salon last week for my touch up. Anyways, prior to washing my hair I applied Tea Tree Oil to my scalp and massaged it in. I am going to start off saying that this oil stinks! But it seems as though it worked and I liked the benefits that come with using this oil. After I applied the oil to my scalp I then applied ORS Hair Mayo to dry hair, placed on a conditioning cap, and sat under my heating cap for 30 minutes. I then rinsed out my hair combed it forward and shampooed with Shea Moisture ORSB Moisture Retention Shampoo. I like the way this shampoo made my hair feel, it was like shampooing with a moisture rich conditioner. When I dried my hair and rubbed my hands through my ends my hair felt really moisturized and oily. This to me is a pleasant surprise coming from a shampoo even one that doesn't have sulfates in it. I will see how it works after the six weeks post mark. After drying my hair I mixed my Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Creme, EVOO, Glycerin, and Peppermint Oil in a bowl and applied it to my hair in sections. When I first started applying the Queen Helene to my hair I was a little iffy about it because it made my hair stiff feeling. But once I sat under the heating cap for 40 minutes, and rinsed my hair out it felt nice and moisturized. I liked how it made my hair feel thick and fluffly not to mention this conditioner has nice slip as well. And it comes in a tub, and Sallys has big tubs of it as well which is a plus! I will also see how this works pass the six weeks post mark. I applied my leave ins, and I wanted to say I tried the new formulation of Profectiv Healthy Ends. I use to use the old formutlation like one or two years ago and I feel like though the new formulation smells better it for some reason didn't feel like it was coating my ends like the old formulation did. But I will keep a watch out for how it works. After applying my leave ins I detangled and air dried using the scarf method. Once my hair was dried I moisturized and sealed with Wave Nouveau and Wild Growth Oil. So far I liked how things turn out, but I want give a full set in stone review until after the six weeks post mark. I feel like after a fresh relaxer hair seems to respond well to almost every product and technique you try. But once you get pass the six weeks post mark that's when you really get to see how a product will really work for your hair. But I will keep you all posted... Till next time HHJ =]

No comments:

Post a Comment