Friday, January 7, 2011

On a ORS Kick



I want to start off by saying that I never really paid much attention to the Organic Root Stimulator line. Not because I didn't like it or anything, it was just something I always walked passed to other products. Now I have tried the ORS Replenishing Pak here and there, but never repurchased for some reason. Anyway a week or so ago I was in the store looking for a hair lotion that I could use on flat ironed hair, and considering that it is winter time I didn't much care if the lotion made my hair less straight. I picked up a bottle of ORS Moisturizing Hair Lotion and the Creamy Aloe Shampoo because I planned to wash my hair that week as well. The reviews on the products I tried are as follows:
  1. ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion: This product worked really nicely on my flat ironed hair, it made it soft and shiny. However, when I washed my hair and use this product to moisturize and seal my hair felt dry and hard as hay. And no matter what I did to it, it just didn't seem to moisturize. I think this is due to the fact that Petroleum is in the ingredients list. Now for my hair I can get away with Mineral Oil but Petroleum is a no no.
  2. ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo: I had been eyeballing this for some time, and I did not know this was a clarifying shampoo. So I used it two or three times in a row for a wash. When I seen it said Creamy and looked at the ingredients and saw sulfates in it I thought "How in the heck is this shampoo supposed to be creamy?" But believe or not it really was creamy and I couldn't tell their was a sulfate in it, nor did it give that squeaky squeak sound when I was done. This will be my new clarifying shampoo.
  3. ORS Hair Mayonnaise: I've only used this once so I can't really give much or rather I like it or not. But I used this as my monthly protein treatment, I got tired of having to use raw eggs for protein so was on the look out for a protein conditioner. When I saw this I remember hearing rave reviews on different hair boards and decided to give it a try. I DC'ed with it on dry hair for 20 minutes. When I rinsed it out my hair felt really soft, but I will keep you all updated on how I like it.
  4. ORS Replenishing Conditioner: I have used the Pak version of this conditioner before and remember liking it and wondering when a bottle form would be out. So while at Sallys I grabbed a bottle of this as well. I know there is some debate going on about the Pak being better than the bottle and if it's even the same ingredients. Right now I am not really sure how I feel about the bottle form and need to try it a few more times before I form an opinion on it. But is it me or does it seem like the Replenishing Conditioner is more protein-y than the Hair Mayo? I compared the ingredients of the two and Hydrolyzed Collagen is further up on the Replenishing Conditioner's list of ingredients and further down on the Hair Mayo ingredients. But I will let you know how the bottle form turns out for me.

So there you have it ladies and gents looks like I'm in ORS land for now... Till next time HHJ :]

No comments:

Post a Comment