Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Aphogee 2 Step... Uh....

So usually I do a light to medium protein on my hair once a week on dry hair. Well since I am trying to simplify my regimen, I figured instead of doing a weekly light/medium protein treatment why not just do one heavy protein treatment for that month and be over with it. So enters in Aphogee 2 Step, I decided to use it my last wash and put it in a spray bottle so I could evenly distribute it. This stuff gets really sticky on your skin not to mention it has a very horrible smell! I wasn't to sure about using it and I don't think I left it in my hair long enough which is probably why I wasn't too impressed with the results. Most people I seen that use this sit under a hooded dryer till the Aphogee 2 Step hardens in their hair, I waited till it started feeling sticky in my hair. I don't think I will be trying this again, I didn't like how my hair responded to this and it seems like I see small ends here and there since using it. So no more heavy protein treatments for me. I am going back to using eggs, conditioner, and Avocado Oil that I use to do in the past. This will be the last new product I try and am going to be sticking to all the things I know worked for me in the past. HHJ

2 comments:

  1. I can't do heavy treatments either... It probably was a good thing you didn't leave it in longer for it to harden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are braver than me! I am too scurred of the 2-step to try it; I stick with my weekly hair mayo treatments and henna once a month and I am good!

    ReplyDelete