Sunday, October 31, 2010

Maxiglide MP Flat Iron Review


Ok so I know I am probably late with this one, but here is my review of it anyway. So after a month or so of stalking Bed, Bath, and Beyond's store and wondering should I get it or no? I finally purchased the last maxiglide that was on the shelf. At first I was a little apprehensive about buying it because of the teeth on the plates and I worried about breakage. But as you can see and something I didn't know the MP model comes with a smooth plate as well (yay!!). That day I did a protein treatment with two eggs, conditioner, and avocado oil for two hours. I then washed and conditioned my hair. I used Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave in and GVP Silk Infusion. I air dried my hair, and then applied heat protectant to blow dry. I used the plates with the teeth to flat iron, and surprisingly the teeth didn't harm my hair at all. I kind of made the mistake of thinking the ten setting of the iron was one of the low settings, but I then realized it was the highest setting of the iron. So next time when I go to flat iron my hair I will most definitely use the 5 or 6 setting since I am relaxed. But overall I liked the results and how silky and soft my hair looked and felt. Usually when I flat iron my hair I have to use Wild Growth Oil and a heavy leave in which would only weigh my hair down when I flat ironed. I do however need to learn some sort of technique when sliding the iron down my hair though, but it really does detangle your hair and straighten at the same time. It's a keeper, and since I like it so much I will be flat ironing my hair once a month when I want straight hair. I will be posting pictures up of the results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment