Friday, June 18, 2010

Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 Moisturizer


Promises: Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1: Is the very best product for protecting and maintaining your hairstyle. This versatile product can be used as a curl activator, a moisturizer on natural curls, and perm waved hair and leave-in conditioner for relaxed, natural, and braided hair. This non greasy, non staining formula helps to soften and detangle hair while moisturizing the scalp and repairing damaged hair leaving a vibrant sheen.
Directions: Hold bottle about 12 inches away from hair and spray evenly. Massage into hair and scalp and style. For curly hair and braids use daily. On relaxed or straight hair use prior to drying.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene, Glycol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalknoium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetamide AME, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Menthol, Pathenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Angelica, Archangelica Root Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Extract, Urtica Diocia ( Nettle) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salva Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Nastuttium Officinale Extract, Methychlorosiothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum)
My Thoughts: When I first purchased this, I thought it was just going to be like S-Curl, but it is not. This product seems to have more of a thicker consistency and sprays in a more controlled manner. Which is perfect if you like spraying the product directly onto your hair rather than your hand. I wasn't too keen on the smell, the scent reminds me of the original formulation of Silken Child Moisturizing Creme before the formula change. This product did it's job, though when it comes to applying it to your edges the S-Curl does a better job of smoothing the edges down. It did make my hair soft and was light despite there being mineral oil in it. Will this be replacing my S-Curl or Carefree Curl Gold, No, but it could possibly be an added addition to the too. Though I might use this more on the lengths my instead of S-Curl and just use S-Curl for my edges when I am making a bun. Next time when I was my hair I will use the Hawaiian Silky as a leave in to see how it works on wet hair. I feel this product is good for those who like the creamyness of oil based moisturizers, but want the moisturization of a Glycerin based moisturizer.
Price: $4.79 at Sally's Beauty Supply, and $4.69 with the Sally's Beauty Card. Not sure how much it goes for at other beauty supply stores.

1 comment: