Wednesday, June 16, 2010

About Me and My Hair Journey

Well I am so excited to have finally started a blogpost. Anyway I started my hair journey April of 2008, the reason why I wanted to start taking care of my hair is because I was going from natural to relaxed and wanted to keep the length I have. Before I was a pressed natural and abused my hair a great deal. I would stay flat ironing my edges and the rest of my hair when it would revert and the only time I would get my hair conditioned or washed was when I would go to the hair salon. And the times I were brave enough to do my own hair it would be a lot of breakage due to rough handling of my hair when it was wet. I then got tired of wondering how come women of other races had this wonderful flowing hair and how the few black women I did see with long hair achieve these lengths. Back then my hair care journey pretty much consisted of layering as much grease I could on my hair. Now I am grazing waist length hair so all the hardwork I have done is really starting to pay off, and am hoping to reach my goal of full waistlength hair soon. I am only 4 or 5 weeks post relaxer, so hopefully by my next relaxer date in November I will be there. I can't wait to share all that I have learned with you all and watch as we learn and grow in our journeys together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment